By-Law Amendment – Section 17
(b) These bylaws will not be amended, added to, or suspended except upon a two-thirds (2/3) majority vote of those present and voting at a regular or special membership meeting following seven (7) days’ notice at a previous meeting or at least sixty days’ written notice.
(c) No change in these bylaws will be valid and take effect until approved by the National President of CUPE. The validity will date from the letter of approval of the National President.
• To create a “Casual” Bargaining Unit for casual employees of the University of Toronto.
• To transfer the Regular Part Time members to the Full Time Bargaining Unit to create a Full Time and Part Time Bargaining Unit
• Front Page and Section 1
• Section 6(h) – creation of Casual Unit Officer and merger of Full Time and Part Time Unit Officer position
• Section 8(c) – nominations and elections
• Section 14(a)(1)
Front Page & Section 1
(Covering Full and Part-time Bargaining Unit and Casual Bargaining Unit members at the University of Toronto and University of Toronto Press and the Faculty Club)
Local 3261 consists of the following units:
• Full-time and Part-Time Service Workers
Part-time Casual Service Workers
• Full-time Press Distribution Warehouse
• Part-time Press Distribution Warehouse
• Part-time Press Bookstore
• Faculty Club
Section 6(h)EXECUTIVE BOARD AND TABLE OFFICERS
To create a Casual Unit Officer and merge the Full Time and Part Time Unit Officer position
• One Unit Representative shall be elected by each bargaining unit to sit on the Executive Board. The units are: U of T Main - full-time and part-time; U of T Main - Casual
part-time; U of T Press - part-time; U of T Press full-time and Faculty Club
Section 8 NOMINATION, ELECTION, AND INSTALLATION OF OFFICERS
8 (c) Unit Elections Nominations and elections for unit positions will take place after the elections outlined in Section 8(b). Unit nominations and elections will be conducted for the following positions:
• Main – Full Time and Part Time
• Main – Casual
• Faculty Club
• Press – Full Time
• Press – Part Time
• The voting will take place at the regular membership meeting by
Section 14(a)(1) – Negotiating Committees
• Full-time and Part Time Unit (Main) Negotiating Committee: The Committee shall consist of the President, The Unit Representative and five (5) other members of the Unit with at least one (1) from Scarborough Campus and one (1) from Mississauga Campus.
Part-time Unit (Main) Negotiating Committee: The Committee shall consist of the President, The Unit Representative and up to three (3) members of the unit.
The bylaws that were sent to CUPE National after the last general membership meeting have been approved! [Apr 11, 2012 06:09 PM]